In this video interview with Rick Huckstep, digital strategist Paul Armstrong discusses the future of emerging technology, including virtual reality, blockchain, and artificial intelligence.
The Future of Emerging Tech: In conversation with Paul Armstrong
In my video discussion with Paul Armstrong, we discuss the future of various emerging technologies and how they will disrupt different industries. Paul talks about the importance of staying ahead of the curve in terms of innovation, and offers some advice on how to best capitalise on new technologies.
- 00:00:00 Digital strategist Paul Armstrong discusses the future of emerging technology, including virtual reality and blockchain. He discusses how these technologies are disruptive and have the potential to change the way we live. Armstrong also discusses the recent FTX Ponzi scheme and how it will harm the cryptocurrency industry.
- 00:05:00 Paul goes on to discuss the future of emerging technology, including blockchain, digital assets, and non-fungible tokens. He believes that these technologies have the potential to revolutionize the way we do business and interact with each other.
- 00:10:00 We then discuss the future of emerging technology, focusing on the Metaverse and smart contracts. He advises executives on how to best capitalise on these technologies, and talks about the importance of showing potential customers what is available. He also discusses the importance of sensors on the body and the potential for augmented and virtual reality.
- 00:15:00 The conversation moves onto digital identity, robotics, blockchains, and metaverse. Paul explains that, while the metaverse is an opportunity, it also poses a problem because humans need to trust each other to work together harmoniously. He also notes that, while Apple is often credited with leading the way in immersive technology, other companies, like Facebook, are also innovating.
- 00:20:00 Paul's new book is called "Disruptive Technologies: The Future of Work" and is a detailed look at five key technologies that will continue to disrupt the world. It is for senior executives who are in charge of budgets or decision making. The book contains a decision matrix that helps readers slide Innovation through companies.
- 00:25:00 We finished on the future of emerging technology, including the importance of AI and crypto. With a few predictions on what's to come in the next 5 years.
Links for Paul Armstrong
More about Paul Armstrong
Website: Paul Armstong.co.uk
Book: Disruptive Technologies: A Framework to Understand, Evaluate and Respond to Digital Disruption - Preorder on Amazon, published on January 3rd 2023.
TBD Conference: thetbdconference.com
Professional Advisory: hereforth.com
Amazon Newsletter: What Did Amazon Do This Week
Turn Text Into Videos Using AI Voices With Fliki
Create videos from scripts or blog posts using realistic voices in 2 minutes!
Transform Blog Articles Into Videos: Start by adding the blog article URL and Fliki powered by AI will summarize your content, find perfect visuals and create a video with a human-like voiceover in your desired voice with branded subtitles.
People spend 88% more time on websites with videos
Lifelike Text to Speech Voices: Stop using robotic voices in your videos, sound human with the best neural voices. Chose from 850 voices in 75 different languages to make sure there is a voice that suits everyone.
Disclaimer: in the event you buy a paid option from Fliki, at no cost to you, I will be paid a commission for introducing you.
What's happening and what's coming next.
Wiser! is a weekly newsletter that makes sense of what's happening and what's coming next in the tech economy. From disruptive technologies, like blockchain, crypto and artificial intelligence, to emerging trends, like Web3 and the Metaverse. Plus there's a big focus on BigTech and the impact of social media.
The purpose of Wiser! is simple, to help you stay interesting, informed and one step ahead of your competition. Using easy and engaging language, I make sense of it all so that you don't have too.